четверг, 30 июля 2015 г.

Putting together the house of my dreams

Putting together the house of my dreams
Putting together the house of my dreams by My Paradissi

I haven't put down a dream home in a while, so I'm sharing with you one today. There is not a more delightful design challenge than to curate spaces from various sources, often all around the world, into one metaphoric location and pretend it to be one place altogether; your own dream place. Today's home is eclectic chic, with pale, natural hues and splashes of black, vintage pieces and mid century touches. Follow me while I show you around (warning: long post ahead) ^^


Black leather sofa via Suvi sur le vif

Citi leather sofa by Global Total Office (Wayfair, $1,316.95)
Citi leather sofa by Global Total Office (Wayfair, $1,316.95)

Pale pink vintage uholstered accent chair by Weekday Carnival

Moroccan Beni Ourain rug by Pink Rug Co (Etsy, $1,590
Moroccan Beni Ourain rug by Pink Rug Co (Etsy, $1,590)

I'm stunned by the freshly upholstered vintage chair at Weekday Carnival. I just love the mix of pastels with basic hues of black, white and gray and this one is just the case. It's not only the impressive accent chair in this shot that got my attention. Guess; the amazing moroccan Beni Ourain rug is in my heart for so long.


Sleek open space kitchen shot by Line Klein

How about a kitchen that doesn't look like one? This impressive sleek black cabinetry, shot by one of my favorite photographers, Line Klein, belongs to the house of Camilla Miehe-Renard. I'm not sure where the oven, fridge or the rest of the storage are but in an open-space-open-mind point of view it is a design masterpiece.


Dining room symmetry via Sköna Hem

Regina Andrew pierced metal sphere pendant (Zinc Door, $473)
Regina Andrew pierced metal sphere pendant (Zinc Door, $473)

The symmetry of this dining room is so appealing. A slate blue armoire, the dining table and the dome pendant right above create a visual central axis that helps the eye adapt smoothly to the scene. That, and the subtle color palette of muted blues, reds and neutrals.


Sleek fireplace shot by Toby Scott for the Est Magazine issue 6

My dream home will definitely have a fireplace. It is the one and only design element that I miss from my current apartment (that, and an outdoor space, but I'll leave that for summer). This one is simple, sleek and would look great with the eclectic decor I have in mind. Love the concrete slab that cuts the volume in two while doubles up like a bench. I'm not sure about the antlers, though; see them everywhere, the kind of attract me but I find them a bit too harsh to use them in my place. (photo by Toby Scott for the Est Magazine issue 6)


Bedroom textiles and rugs by Cultiver via The Design Files

Masterpiece end table by Butler (Wayfair, $119)
Masterpiece end table by Butler (Wayfair, $119)

And, here's my bedroom (dream). Not to start with the impressive arched doorway that frames the bed, I'll just mumble about how little additions transform a basic bedroom setting into a subtle ethnic chic chamber. I mean the rug (this one by Cultiver), the natural shaded wrinkled linen bedding, the contemporary black nightstands and the black upholstered tall headboard. Nothing more, nothing less.


Black and white scandinavian home office by Carina Olander

Ever since I painted my home office white I keep crushing on black and white workspaces. No. I think it the opposite. It is because I keep stumbling upon stunning black and white offices that I changed mine from dark orange to white. Whichever the case, I love the black wall contrast of this one shot by Carina Olander. The inspiration board is rather inspiring too.


Bright contemporary bathroom by Nate Berkus

The bathroom has to be bright and big (as if I'm the only one who wishes that), probably like this one designed by Nate Berkus. The basic iron sink vanity looks fresh and light and the natural textures of wicker and bamboo add a desirable country note. So is the happy little iron pig in the back.


Join the fun


Original article and pictures take www.myparadissi.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий