вторник, 8 января 2013 г.

Home Decorating Pieces I’m Loving Right Now.

Home Decorating Pieces I’m Loving Right Now.

I haven’t made too many changes to my home lately, except for a few autumn-ready updates to ensure my home is as cosy and inviting as possible!

I seem to be channeling a few of the same trends in every room at the moment, so I thought I’d share them with you…


Cosy Seating

I love love love to read, so having a cosy place to sit and read, or drink sip my morning coffee is a must for me!

Awkward corners are always saved by a pretty chair, a fluffy throw and a leafy plant in my opinion, and the right chair can really transform a room in an instant.

I adore this rattan circle chair (similar here) in our living room, which I’ve piled high with fluffy throws for maximum comfort.

If you’re on a budget, consider heading to IKEA (I love their Ekenaset and Stockholm styles) or hunting down a charity shop find that can be reupholstered. Add a brass lamp and a fresh vase of blooms and you’re set.


decoratingpieces-2

decoratingpieces-3

Crystals & Quartz

There’s something so romantic about a coffee table stacked with books and trays of candles, and I’ve recently ramped my setup up a notch with my love of crystals!

I have a big chunk of rose quartz, apparently known for attracting unconditional love, as well as a few smaller bits of citrine, which brings optimism and clarity.


I also added a couple of these beautiful geode coasters, which are practical and pretty!

Pick up a brass tray from H&M home, stock up on candles, cute bottles of matches and a few pieces of quartz to create the ultimate coffee table setup.


All Velvet Everything

It’s no secret I’ve always been a big fan of velvet, but my love affair has definitely been ramped up since the seasons changed.

I recently added these luxe velvet mustard cushions to our bed and it’s upped the cosiness levels ten-fold!

I paired them with matching brass wall lights (similar here) and the combo is perfect, so relaxing and comforting!


Velvet can be hard to master, so use it sparingly – cushions are the perfect way to add texture without overdoing it.


decoratingpieces-4

decoratingpieces-5

Baskets, Baskets, Baskets

Summer might be (almost!) over, but my love of rattan hasn’t gone anywhere. Right now I’m having a moment with cute baskets, I’ve stacked them everywhere!

A wicker basket filled with a couple of fluffy cushions can transform awkward spaces, and I’ve also found that they’re the best way to store scarves, hats and other random accessories.

I’ve skipped out on plant pots and instead place my leafy friends in baskets for that Cali boho vibe I love so much!

H&M has a great selection of baskets, as do M&S and Zara Home.


decoratingpieces-6

There’s no excuse not to make a few small home updates with adorbs decorative pieces now that autumn is here! What do you think of my favourite home trends of the moment?


Original article and pictures take www.katelavie.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий